I have been M.I.A. I know. So much has happened in the last few months. Where oh where to start, I will try to keep this long story short.  


We got a diagnoses on mom, she has Fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) symptoms mimic those of Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s disease. Very little is known about this disease, there is no cure, so they are just treating the symptoms.  

I got to go back to work after being laid off for 6 weeks…. Happy Happy Dance!


The 30th to be exact I had surgery, gastric bypass to be more specific.  Before you start “shaming” me for it, there were multiple reasons for it. Those will be detailed in another post later.


3 weeks off for medical leave.  Learned how to work in Photoshop and Light room a little. Mostly how to make my water mark and attach it to the photos. Back to work on the 24th


On the 21st I was having pain, which I thought might have been caused by me becoming dehydrated. But when it didn’t go away after drinking lots of water and other liquids. My boss made me go to the ER to make sure there was nothing wrong with my bypass. At first they thought I had pneumonia. Because they saw white in the bottom lobe of the right. So they admitted me into the hospital. After 3 days, 2 CT scans, 2 x-rays, 1 MRI and a screaming match with the lung specialist later. They called in a Hepatobiliary specialist (aka. Liver) and well he immediately knew what was wrong. It turns out, the cyst on my liver (one of the reasons for the bypass) was making sure I knew it was still there. Pushing on my lung causing the white cloudiness. It had grown to 13cm and was very, very angry with me. I went back to work on the 24th, then on the 30th the liver specialist said I have 3 options, let it be and see what happens, surgery to remove it, or just drain it and hope the cyst won’t refill.  Well I am sure you know what I picked.. Yup surgery.


Surgery was scheduled for the 6th. It went well, they still had to put a drain tube in. That was fun for the next week and a half.   But it is out now, and the doctor said that now that the cyst was gone, my liver can do its job. I am starting to feel so much better, I never realized how much energy both mentally and physically all of that was draining from me.

I have been back to work for 2 weeks now, hopefully I will not have to be off any more this year because of medical.  Mom has gotten too use to me being home all day with her.  We do have interviews scheduled with care givers to have someone come help mom for a few hours a day while Kylea and I are at work. Which will be good for all of us.  Now to get ready for the holidays.


What I thought was going to be a great last month of the year started with a bang! On the first, right when I got into work I was informed that I was being transferred to another location. Now it’s still not far from my house, but I liked my 3.5 mile drive. Plus it is a smaller shop, so there is not as much drama nor as many phone calls as the bigger shops like the new one will be. But I can’t look at the transfer as negative, it’s just more of the learning experience for the next level.

One good thing has happened in December so far. Mark came to visit. I got to spend 7 full days with him. We did a bunch of small projects around the house. But we did them together, and enjoyed each others company. Now to make the rest of the month a good one.

How did the second half of your year turn out?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s